What is Birkie Fever?
It’s that yearly craving for the excitement, camaraderie and challenge that can only be satisfied by clicking into a pair of skis and lining up at the start line with more than 8,000 other ski pals from around the world. It’s a lifestyle that keeps you fit and healthy year-round. It’s an annual test of personal endurance. And it’s something no skier wants to shake. Some of the symptoms?
- The feeling that the Birkie has changed your life – for the better!
- Your home is filled with Birkie paraphernalia.
- Your television is permanently set to the Weather Channel.
- You think about wave placement in the heat of summer.
- You pray for snow long before winter sets in.
- You register the first day the new entry form is made available.
- You train endlessly, no matter the time of year.
- You notice the “B” word invades conversations within 15 minutes.
- Birkie Fever?
Birkie is a year-round lifestyle choice for thousands of outdoor fitness enthusiasts of all ages and abilities. From its signature Nordic ski race–the legendary American Birkebeiner, now in its 39th year–the Birkie has grown to include an exciting array of racing, training, fitness and recreational events and resources, all on the remarkable Birkie Trail.